To say things have been busy around here would be the understatement of the year…! Natalie is now almost 6 weeks old and you all know how that has been (bad, good and very busy).. We also just signed papers on our new house yesterday and got the keys this afternoon (YAY!) so we’ll be moving in this coming weekend!
With all that has happened, weight loss has definitely not been in the front of my mind. However, I have been thinking about it and trying to make good choices when it comes to food. (I have been helping myself to one too many bowls of ice cream lately though..)
So if you are new, here is a run-down of my weight loss goals (from my original post in June):
My goals; short term and long term:
Long term goal: I am determined to lose 60 pounds by New Years 2013! (Goal weight being 140 lbs)
Short term goals:
* By the end of June, I want to lose 20 pounds. I know this is also silly to count as a goal since I will lose that when I have a baby, but work with me… (This will put my weight around 180 lbs)
* Lose another 20 lbs by the end of September.
* Lose the last 20 lbs before New Years.
When I had Natalie, I was just under 200 lbs (198 to be exact). Now, I am happy to share with you all my current weight! I still have a ways to go to meet my long term goal but I’m already doing great, even without actually dieting or going to the gym!
Current weight (as of 8/6): 168 lbs
Weight left to go to meet September short-term goal: 8 lbs
Weight left to go to meet end goal: 28 lbs
I am SO stoked that I lost 30 pounds without doing anything; granted I did have a baby but I wasn’t expecting to lose more than 15-20lbs from that! (I really think it was all the stress and hiking around the hospital all day to and from the NICU that did it.. I guess that was one good thing that came from that.)
What I need to work on:
- I desperately need to finally get a membership to the gym! Before getting pregnant, I was running pretty often and had recently done a 5K. I am looking forward into getting back into that!
- Stop eating sweets! I know that every once in a while, even once or twice per week, is fine but I’ve been eating junk far too often..
- Drink more water. A lot more water. I want to try to get at least 80 oz per day and I know I have not been getting that much.
- Post weekly scale pics so I can see ongoing progress.
Next month, hopefully I can see an even bigger drop on the scale! Wish me luck!
And don’t forget to enter this month’s Weight-Loss Challenge Giveaway for some really awesome things to help with your own weight loss!