I have already shared with you all how much I adore wearing my babies. There are so many different types of slings and carriers to help you to keep baby close while also keeping your hands free for other things! The Pippalily Baby Sling is a wonderful option for those mamas who are wanting to be fashionable as well as practical!
At Pippalily, you can find the cutest, highest quality fabrics that are guaranteed to fit all styles and preferences for mom and baby. You can find all the products on your must-have list, including; baby slings, nursing covers, toy straps, diaper clutches and more!
I was sent the gorgeous Amethyst 100% cotton baby sling to review with Natalie and we both love it! It’s great for rolling up and keeping in the diaper bag for on-the-go wearing. Natalie loves being worn in any carrier and sling I own but I think that this Pippalily one is her favorite for when she is awake.. Her favorite position in this sling is the Front Carry position, as seen below, so she can face outwards and see the world around her! There are many different positions in which you can wear you little one from newborn to 30 pounds!
GETTING THE RIGHT FIT
The key to comfort is making sure that you have a properly fitting baby sling!
• Your Pippalily sling size will typically be the size of your fitted t-shirt. If you find yourself between sizes, in our experience you should choose the larger baby carrier.
• The bottom of the baby sling should rest on or just above your hip bone. A low hanging baby puts unnecessary pressure on your back and is uncomfortable.
• The baby sling should contour your body closely.
• For newborns, you can roll the inside fabric, decreasing the width of the sling to accomodate a small baby.
• For comfort, be sure the fabric is not bunched over your shoulder or along your back. Bunching causes pressure points because the baby’s weight is localized instead of being spread proportionately through the wide shoulder strap.
• The sling is a new experience for your baby, so it might be love at first carry or take a few days to get used to!
• If either you or your baby can’t find comfort with the Sleeping Baby position described below, don’t give up! Keep trying or wait a few months to try the Peek-A-Boo or Hip Carry positions. I guarantee you will appreciate having your hands back!!
I definitely recommend the Pippalily Baby Sling! I think with their wonderful and beautiful fabric choices, Pippalily is high in the baby sling category! And for the price, only $69CAD for the 100% cotton baby slings, it’s a great deal! Hands-free parenting is the way to go!
BUY IT: You can purchase a Pippalily Baby Sling, or another one of their amazing products, directly from their website or go here for a list of retailers!
WIN IT: Enter to win a Diaper Clutch of your choice right here on And Then There Were 4… (arv $25)!